What happened during the next 2 hours:
- I was listened to for 5 minutes only.
- The complete idea was put into question.
- Some expressed -> "I did the wrong sequence of steps".
- Some said -> product "might not work".
- You should do this, that or wait.
- What is your budget?
- What you really need is this.
- You won't be able to function without this.
It's your idea, push harder!
Take the punch, learn, go faster and sharper.
How I Generate IdeasI ask my closest circle questions in this context:
- Imagine if we had a ______ , wouldn't that be nice?
- If you had something to do ____, how would you do it?
- What do you think would work to make this useful?
How to Use Feedback ConstructivelyAsk yourself:
- Why did I ask for feedback (not sure, different views, spot checking, opinions)?
- What can I accomplish with it?
- What if it doesn't work?
- What if people don't like it?
- What if I run out of money?
- What if I'm completely alone?
- What could happen?
- What will it take?
- What if others think I'm crazy?
- Gather feedback, good or bad.
- Figure out how you'll explain your idea to others in less than 150 characters.
- Decide what you want to pursue in life (or which ideas to execute).
- Measure your passion about what you're doing.
- Find out what's holding you up and overcome this (fear,past experiences of failure,innovation,perception or the What If's)
- Trust yourself when you form ideas
- I'm not a professional blogger (please bear with me).
- I do like to write and share my experiences (good or bad).
- I didn't have tons of money saved or ready to burn (enough to reset, I'll explain more).
- I didn't have anybody suggesting I should quit my day job. (really...).
- I had previously run a small business for 5-6 straight years (with both good and failures).
- I like telling you about my story. I think you'll get something good out of it.