This is not intended for us as a guide which could ultimately lead you to quit your day job and/or abandon your daily responsibilities. I'll try to explain my reasoning behind the decision to leave a very cool day job as an Information Technology professional where I really was pulling in enough money. Some would say that making the decision to quit your day job when it offers financial security is completely nuts.
There are a few things to point out before we dive into story mode.....
- I'm not a professional blogger (please bear with me).
- I do like to write and share my experiences (good or bad).
- I didn't have tons of money saved or ready to burn (enough to reset, I'll explain more).
- I didn't have anybody suggesting I should quit my day job. (really...).
- I had previously run a small business for 5-6 straight years (with both good and failures).
- I like telling you about my story. I think you'll get something good out of it.